Friday, October 2, 2009

D'espairsRay, C.C. Lemon Hall, 10/01

A CONCERT REPORT AT LAST!!! Sorry I didn't post this report yesterday! I know some people were probably waiting in anticipation for it, but the concert totally drained me and deafened me (my ears are still ringing over 24 hours later) and I still had to go home and do homework after the show so, once all that was done, I crashed into bed faster than Paris Hilton in front of a camera. Anyways, just a quick note, but there's a quick post below regarding my first day of school (which happened to be the same day as the concert). If you want to read that, read the school post first because it sucks, then read this one because it's win.

WARNING: THIS POST IS LONG-WINDED AS ALL HELL - SORRY!!! Skip around if it bores you, obviously.

Anyhoo, there are probably some people reading this post who don't know who D'espairsRay is (or know anything about visual-kei in general). D'espairsray is a sort of hybrid metal, rock, and pop band formed in 1999 at the end of Japan's big Band Boom. They used to look like this (yes, they're all men):


Anyways, D'espairsray dicked around for about seven or eight years releasing nothing but Indies singles and demo tapes - quite a bit of which was really effing good. Then, one day they went, "shit, bands are supposed to actually release CDs, right?" So they released their first CD, Coll:set, in 2007, a few months after I became a fan - and Coll:set turned out to be one of the most fucking awesome CDs ever. A year later they released Mirror (which was also great). Around here, there was a sudden shift in mood and appearance, moving away from visual-kei, and heading towards... well, not visual-kei. They released the CD Redeemer, which didn't *ahem* redeem much for me after some lukewarm singles. So now they look like this:

Yeeeeeeeah, I'm not too thrilled with the change, what can I say. I'm a goth at heart, lol. But you can't expect a band to stay the same forever, so I'm kinda going with it (and I did really, really like some of the songs on Redeemer). Anyways, I still adore the pants off D'espairsray in a lot of ways, and I'd heard even the new stuff is great live and that they put on some great shows, so being able to see them in the flesh at C.C. Lemon Hall in Shibuya was like being told I could be baptized in chocolate. HELL YEAH.

So! I dressed up a little bit and got ready for the show (OMG if any of my D'espairsray fan-friends make fun of me for wearing white feathers in my hair to this event I'll kick you in the nads, lol. KARYU IS AWESOME AND YOU KNOW IT. Besides, I started that stupid feather thing years ago, lol).

After this, I ditched school as fast as I could, hitched a ride on the trains, and met up with my friends in Shibuya at the infamous Hachikou statue (the dog statue where all the young people meet up in Shibuya). This is Shibuya:

Sitting at the Hachikou sucks though. Creepy old perverts kept standing there and grinning at me and the other gaijin ladies. Ew. Anyways, my Spanish friends Elena and Regina showed up, we snagged a locker at the station to drop off our books, and went to C.C. Lemon Hall:

The fashion here was INSANE. Every manner of goth, lolita, cosplayer, and assorted emo kid was loitering around the event. Lots of white-out contacts. And LOTS of foreigners - damn. D'espairsRay must have some kind of gaijin pheromones, lol. Anyways, everyone lined up for the event at ten to six and suddenly, the tension started rising...!

Inside, there was a huge display of flowers sent to D'espairsRay by other bands and sponsors. I know it's hard to see (although, I'm pretty sure the pictures gets bigger if you click on them - try it!) but there were flower-wreaths from D'erlanger and The Underneath. Everyone was crowding around taking pictures with their cell phones, lol.

Anyways, a moment of fail, if you will... I really wanted some merch. I wanted a t-shirt at least. But the line was terrifying - it snaked up the stairs, back down the stairs, and around the inside of the hall. And more people just kept on coming in. Anyways, I stood in line, and the line was moving SO FAST, and I suddenly forgot all my Japanese, what I wanted to purchase, and how to think straight. I panicked, stared aimlessly at all the merch as I got shoved along, and the next thing I knew I'd popped out of the line like a cork, empty-handed. And I knew I couldn't get back in that crazy line if I was going to get to my seat in time for the show - which started at 6:30. I was pissed and frustrated, but I simply moved out of the way and headed towards the stairs.

Unfortunately, due to my late purchase, my seat sucked. Second floor, nineteen rows back... But actually, I was dead center and, because the balcony was high up with stadium seating, I had a fantastic view of the stage and the event itself. I brightened the crap out of this picture for you guys, but here's where I was sitting (it looks bad in the picture, but I could actually see pretty well. I could make out the band's facial expressions and everything, lol):

So now the tension was REALLY rising. It was really dark in there, and the air was choked with smoke and fog. Hard rock music was thrumming from the speakers on all sides and goths and assorted Japanese, with smatterings of foreigners, were filling up the seats. There were a LOT of people. I'm used to seeing JRock bands in dinky clubs with 800 people or less (often less). This event definitely had about 2000 people. I'd seen D'espairsray once before, at Taste of Chaos at The Rave in Milwaukee. But that was about 600 people who didn't know who D'espairsray was, with a handful of people up front who did. And they only played five songs. Not exactly the same kind of event, lol.

Anyhoo, two cute Japanese girls sat down next to me. One of them looks me up and down and asks, in English, "where are you from? English?" So I decided to really throw my honorific shit around and I said "ano, Chicago kara mairimashita." The two girls went "heeeeeeeeeeee?!!" like I'd just discovered penicillin or something. They were both going nuts over my Japanese skills, so we started talking in excited Japanese and had a big, long-winded conversation about JRock. One of the girls also likes Dir en grey the best and will be going to day 1 of the V-Rock Festival (yay!!). As far as Dir en grey goes, she's a rabid Shinya fan, lol. The other girl asked me who I liked best in D'espairsray, and for some reason I always say Karyu, though I'm still not sure why (I dunno... it just is, lol. I always say it's because, even though he's Japanese, has has a giant nose, so he has the nose of my people). The girl was all excited because she likes Karyu the best too, lol. At this point, the venue was seriously filling up. Then... the speakers go silent, the lights go down... everyone jumps up from their seats. Girls start screaming and jumping up and down with glee, and suddenly the stage-lights go insane, lights are shooting everywhere, and the speakers start exploding with brain-bashing rock music.

IIIIIIT'S SHOW TIME!!! I jumped up like someone had stuck a pin in my ass.

EDIT!!! A HUGE, special thanks to my friend Marina for sending me the correct setlist for the concert! Damn, I had a bunch wrong, and a couple I thought they might've played but wasn't confident enough to post, well... I guess I was right in the first place, lol. This is the CORRECT setlist, in order, for C.C. Lemon Hall!!!

1. Closer to ideal
2. GOING ON!
3. MaveRick
4. BRILLIANT
5. Cocoon
6. Sixty∞NiNe
7. FINAL CALL
8. Kohaku
9. Squall
10. Masquarade
11. Angeldust
12. Lost in re:birth
13. REDEEMER
14. ARK IN THE STORM
15. Tsuki no Kioku
16. PARADOX 5
17. Bullet
18. HORIZON
19. Yozora

Encore 1:
20. Fuyu Shita Risou
21. MIRROR

Encore 2:
22. Tainted World

So, the band's intro was some kind of wild rock music - exactly the kind of music that gets you ridiculously excited and pumped up. Girls were jumping up and down squealing and clapping their hands. Boys were nodding their heads in time to the music. Then, amidst cries of joy, the band enters from stage right, holding up their arms and smirking at the crowd like they're just way too damn cool for us. It's at this point that I notice... there are cameras everywhere. A sliding camera in front of the stage, cameras up in the side balconies... hmmm...

For Closer to Ideal, they really needed a warm-up, I think. Zero and Karyu stood stone-still for the first number and Hizumi just sorta one-footed his crate and sang. I was worried that this would be the maximum extent of their excitement, but no... this was just a warm-up. By the second song, they were rocking the fuck out.

Unfortunately, during the second song, Hizumi took a NASTY fall. I, as many know, am a paranoid mother-fucker. Perhaps it's because I'm a Dir en grey fan, but I am all too aware that JRockers are prone to horrible onstage accidents and wipe-outs - it's just the nature of the genre, since so many of the artists are crazy and reckless. It's always haunted me that only one or two shows after I saw Dir en grey at Family Values, Kyo's crate slipped out from under his foot, he tumbled backwards, and cracked his head on the stage - receiving a nasty concussion. That could've been MY show 0_0 I could've suffered the horror of seeing a beloved JRocker getting seriously injured! Anyways, I saw the whole thing in slow-motion. Hizumi was whipping that microphone-cord around and it flew behind him. He was sorta hopping and rocking-out backwards, and I saw that cord loop behind his ankle and, as if in slow-motion, I was like "noooo!!!! Hizumiiiii, don't back uuuup!!!! You're going to f- OH SHIT!!!" Sure enough, the cord tripped Hizumi's ankle, his foot flew out from under him, and he fell backwards like a tree.  Hizumi's back crashed into the stage and he sorta lay there in shock. He didn't move for a moment and I was like "oh sweet Jesus." The cute Japanese girl next to me gasped. Luckily, unlike Kyo, Hizumi had the common sense not to whiplash his head into the stage. He scrambled to his feet immediately, only stumbling once, and finished off the last thirty seconds of the song by first looking embarrassed, then head-banging and thrashing around in total fury and frustration, even though it wasn't a thrashy song and it was totally out of place. Yay for adrenaline kicks! However, after the song was over, the lights went out and the stage went black. My stomach hit the floor again, like I'd suddenly swallowed a sack of ice. "Oh god," I thought. "The lights went out... he's hurt. Hizumi fucking hurt himself two songs into the show." The Japanese girls next to me must've been thinking the same thing cuz they were going "daijoubu?! Daijoubu ka?" ("is he alright?! Is he okay?!"). But then Hizumi's voice broke the nervous chattering, the lights went up, and he began to MC like nothing had happened.

He was fine ^__^

It only went uphill from there! So, now I think it's a good time for a lesson in Them vs. Us. As many know, Japan likes to borrow many things from the West. Rock music would be one of those things. However, the Japanese are notorious for taking borrowed things and twisting and molding those things however they desire - until it is something new and almost entirely Japanese (for anyone who's taken a humanities or anthropology course on Japan, you may have heard this referred to as "selective borrowing"). Well, visual-kei and JRock are prime examples of selective borrowing so, even if this was a rock concert, there are some fundamentally huge differences between the way We have a concert, and They have a concert.

For starters: furi.

Most JRock fans know what this is, though only those who've been to a concert in Japan have actually experienced it. For those who don't know, furi could best be described as some kind of synchronized dance, done almost entirely with the arms and hands, performed by every single person at a rock concert. Now, for a hard-core type like me, furi sounds fucking stupid. When I watch DVDs of bands like D'espairsray, I often find myself mesmerized by the synchronized way in which the fans enjoy the show, but at the same time I find myself scorning it, seeing it as a lack of passionate freedom or expression; a typical Japanese lack-of-individuality, if you will.  Now, I knew that when I went to the V-Rock Festival in October, I'd be facing myriad furi routines, so I told myself, absolutely, under no circumstances, will I EVER do furi.

Weeeeeell, I'd forgotten that D'espairsRay has furi like any other band. They don't seem like the type, somehow. I watched in shock and horror as the crowd suddenly lifted their arms at the beginning of the show, 2000 people spread out beneath me and on all sides, and everyone began waving their arms, in specific gestures, in time to the music. I frowned, my pride hurt, not wanting to participate but also feeling left out. Then I noticed... other foreigners were doing it. There were foreigners who knew the furi routines as well as the fan-club girls in the front rows. Then I noticed a couple of guys who were the definition of "too cool for school" doing the routines as well. And then... before I knew it... my arms were up and I was watching the crowd as much as the band, attempting to replicate the movements that did, admittedly, go so well with the songs.

So! Let's have a lesson in furi, shall we? There are certain rules as to how one must conduct themselves at these shows!

1. You do NOT pump your fist at the band! Instead, you keep your hand in a fist shape and, as you pump your arm at the band, you flick your wrist. This is nearly identical to the gesture one makes when imitating the cracking of a whip. So yes, in effect, you get to whip the band for 50% of the show. Although... based on some interviews, I'd say Zero prefers to be whipped anyways, hehe >_>

2. You do NOT thrown the horns at the band! If you do, you turn your hands sideways, palms in, or backwards, with palms facing you! Otherwise, you simply hold your hands in the air and spread your fingers, like you're accepting the word of Jesus!

3. You do NOT head-bang. At least, not the way We think of head-banging. You have two options for head-banging, but they're NOT interchangeable. Certain songs and certain parts of songs call for certain movements! So -
Option #1: bend forward and swing your head from side to side in a crazed motion with the rest of the audience, sending your hair in a flurry and smacking everyone in the face with it (here I learned the valuable lesson: DON'T wear dangly earring with pointy stars when you see D'espairsRay, lol).
Option #2: this is a tricky one but it seems to be one of the most vital movements!!! Try to follow me here. First, you flick your wrist at the band in the same whipping gesture stated above. Then, you immediately pull your elbow back into your side, bending forward simultaneously. This is not unlike head-banging and also making the "yesss!!!" gesture all at once. This movement takes a lot of practice, but when done correctly, is key to the show!

4. During any kind of epic chorus, you lift your arms, palms up, like you're accepting the lord's word. However, you must lower and re-lift your arms along with the words, twirling your wrists each time, and draw your hands slowly down your face as the line of the song dies out.

5. When things are cheerful or simply manic and fast-paced, you must hold your arms out and, at the elbows, lift your forearms up and down, palms facing each other, right, left, right, left, right, left. Looks horribly silly, even on film, but... well, you just sorta shut up and do it at these events.

6. During the pretty parts of songs, you hold out your arms in the accepting of Jesus gesture, and weave your hands in and out like you're conducting an orchestra. Simple but effective move.

Beyond this, the furi gets more complicated, with only the devoted fan-club members and assorted concert-going-die-hards getting the moves correctly or bothering at all (though there are some song-specific moves that everyone seems to do). And know this: one cannot stop furi! Final Call was just released, but already has specific furi set up from start to finish! So, if you're going to do furi, expect to do it for the ENTIRE SHOW. With ONE exception:

Rule #7: When Hizumi asks you to listen to a song (kiite moratte mo ii?), or a slow, obviously meaningful song plays, you stand still and don't move. Everyone goes still. Resist all urges to sway to the music or scratch your nose. When the song is over, you applaud politely.

There are more rules, but beyond this, you really just have to experience it for yourself. I must say, I was always VERY skeptical of furi, but... having done it, I'm beginning to understand it. It's not about a lack of passion or a loss of individuality. At a seated concert where one can't push, shove, or rock out, this is the way you show your appreciation and enjoyment to the band. It's not about doing everything exactly right, it's about feeling WHY that movement developed as the furi for that particular moment in the song, and letting yourself be drawn further into the song with that movement. Definitely a new experience, but one worth experiencing at least once.

Moving on to the show itself!!! So, the band was definitely into it. Karyu kept twirling in frantic circles as he played, and kicking his legs like he was ska-dancing. He and Zero switched sides frequently, and had their own little platforms upon which they could stand against the crowd and tease the fangirls. Random note, but there were four girls directly in front of Zero's square, dressed in yellow, Minnie Mouse-style dresses, each with a giant red bow in her hair. All four knew the furi perfectly and, when they needed to fill in furi themselves, they would sway side-to-side in a synchronized fashion, waving their arms. It was... disgusting. I don't know what the hell was up with that but they reduced the rock concert to a fucking toothpaste commercial. Yeesh.

Hizumi loved to tease his band mates. He would frequently go up to Zero or Karyu and zoom into their faces or point mockingly at them during certain lines. Quite adorable, honestly. Lots of hair-ruffling, clothes-pulling, and adorable, playful behavior. At one point, though, Hizumi went right up beside Zero, and Zero didn't notice. So Hizumi made the "gun" gesture with his hand and pointed it into Zero's face and went BAM! Zero almost hit the ceiling XD Then he gave Hizumi this pathetic look like "what'd you do THAT for?!!"

For me, one of the highlights of the show was SIXty oo NINe. They opened up with a big bass solo from Zero, with Tsukasa thudding those bass-drums for all they're worth. Then Hizumi just sorta sexy-danced and weaved his hips up on his glowing, pink-and-purple box. Fan-fucking-tastic. Also, for Redeemer, everyone actually made the "Down! Down!" gesture together at the appropriate time. That made me seriously happy. At one point, the stage went black, and these weird, eerie lights seemed to sparkle from nowhere. Then, Karyu began to play these horrendous, distorted sounds from his guitar. It was like some kind of freak carnival-ride being played backwards. He just stood there, bathed in this eerie light on the side of the stage, making these screaming, distorted, ungodly sounds or horror. I was like "what the FUCK is this?!! This is SERIOUSLY creepy!" This went on for a good minute, before it revealed itself as the intro to LOST IN RE:BIRTH - FUCK YEAH!!! That was AWESOME!!! Also, I don't remember which song, but for one song Zero got a bass solo, Tsukasa got a drum solo, and Karyu got a guitar solo. It was awesome, lol.

More highlights:
- There were these huge, sparkly staircases encircling the back of the stage, and Zero and Karyu would stand at the top of them and play together during certain songs. I loved it, haha.
- Some of my friends were wondering, what with the new, colorful, poppy shift in the band... but Hizumi can still scream like a mother-fucker. During screamy songs, he was shrieking like a banshee. Good stuff! And his growl is still amazing! In fact, it became his saving grace later, as you'll see...
- Karyu spent the whole show in a super-sparkly vest and a purple scarf. Fucking fabulous, lol.
- Hizumi had a friggin' search-light following him for the whole concert. Pretty impressive XD
- Closer to Ideal is a song I never seem to appreciate, but it is BEAUTIFUL live. Everyone lifts their arms and moves them along with the words, then lower them along their faces like they're cleansing themselves.
- Songs like Brilliant and Kamikaze that I was always lukewarm on were really fun live. Very energetic.
- So, many have heard me mention that I always think Hizumi is saying "testicle" over and over again during Mirror? Well... it sounds even MORE like "testicle" live, though I don't remember what he's actually saying. Best part? Everyone whipping their hands and making grabbing gestures along with the "testicle."
- I had a bad moment during one of the slow, pretty songs. Sometimes my brain wanders into bad places, lol. So, I was staring at the band's giant backdrop while everyone was watching quietly and politely as Hizumi sang his heart out. I knew for a fact that the Japanese, katakana pronunciation of D'espairsray is something like "di-spahz-lei." Well... in my head, I realized that, if you reform the katakana back into English, it comes out as "The Spazz Ray." I started cracking up. Everyone was standing still, clutching their hands to their chests with love and passion as Hizumi sang out his soul, and I had this uncontrollable, twitchy smile on my face, threatening to turn into full-blown cackling.  I suck.

They played Paradox 5. I did NOT expect that. I LOVE that song, and it was BEAUTIFUL and haunting live. But it was during that song, as Zero pretended to play bass, and Karyu and Tsukasa took a breather and played the easiest shit ever (it was like a rock rendition of Paradox 5, lol), Hizumi sorta sang solo. And he could NOT hit the notes. At first I felt irritated - after all, he's always been known for his incredibly strong voice! Especially at the high notes, Hizumi's voice was cracking. Then I realized he was sorta clutching at his throat and shaking his head in frustration. When the singing notes were failing him, he would revert to that great growl-singing he does, which seemed to feel better and sound better for him. It actually added a great, gruff, emotional touch to the song. Yeeeeeah, Hizumi was definitely sick, the poor bugger. Later on, during an MC, he admitted that his throat was all fucked up. Still, he stuck it through, tried his best, and delivered a fantastic show, so props to him!!!

For me, the highlight of the show was Angeldust. As many know, this is one of my all-time favorite D'espairsray songs, and I didn't expect to hear it live, either. Anyways, you haven't seen magic until you've seen 2000 people slow-motion, synchronized head-banging to the chorus of Angeldust. As Hizumi sang and mumbled, and the pre-recorded track sang a separate chorus, and the lights wove around the crowd, everyone flicked their fist, slammed their elbow back into their side like they were yanking a rope, and dipped forward - all in slow motion in time to the slow, dream-like chorus

Another note that I feel MUST be brought up (sorry this is such a long report!!!). There were these three women directly in front of me, and they seemed to be in their sixties at least. I sniggered when they came in because they were so TOTALLY cougars. One of the women was in her nicest clothes, tight little skirt, dangly earrings, fluffing her hair repeatedly during the show. But I thought it was weird that these cougars (who seemed nothing alike, with one all dressed up and two looking plain and ordinary) knew all the furi. And the dressed-up one kept shaking and wiggling her hips back and forth to the music. Then they would wave and squeal frantically between songs. Something... just didn't seem right about these cougars. I kept frowning at them during the show, trying to figure out what was up. They disappeared at the end of the show (when everyone sits calmly, waiting for encore, screaming "di-spahz-lei!" over and over again). Then they reappeared, right before encore. Suddenly, something I'd been suspicious of for half the show became confirmed. I looked at these women, clutching their shopping bags and bopping to the music and I realized... oh my god, it's their MOTHERS 0___0 Holy SHIT, lol XD I'm not kidding, I think I was standing directly behind three of the band member's mothers. OMG, haha.

Eventually, towards the end, Hizumi did a big MC. Aaaaand, sure enough, our C.C. Lemon concert will be made into their next live DVD!!! That explains the cameras! So great, somewhere out there, there may be permanent, DVD footage of me waving my arms around like a lunatic, haha. Well, if the DVD goes on pre-order, I guess that's just another excuse to blow a bazillion dollars at Like an Edison, again, lol. The One Rings is calling me....... XD

Now, the main portion of the show ended with two songs I absolutely HATE - one right after another!!! The show went from Horizon to fucking Yozora - the two D'espairsRay songs I most despise and most refuse to listen to! I didn't really furi for these. I only did a bit, grudgingly, and in a half-assed manner. But they shot a giant thing of confetti during Yozora, lol. Then they left the stage, throwing picks and bottles like total pussies and barely making it past second row. Zero did his whole, "yeah, cheer for me, bitches! You know I'm hot!" routine, lol. I was like "yeah, but not as hot as Karyu's purple scarf" lol. Anyways, I did NOT want to think that my last memory of this concert would be fucking Horizon and Yozora, but luckily they came back for encore. They played Fuyuu Shita Risou and MIRROR, then left again. This time, Tsukasa managed to throw a bottle all the way the hell back, like, twenty rows. The whole crowd turned around, watching the bottle fly, and went "whooooooa!" simultaneously, lol. Then D'espairsray came back to rock us the fuck out with fucking TAINTED WORLD!!! Holy CRAP, I did I not see that coming! Ugh, fucking AWESOME concert-final!!! And then, house lights went up, the band exited to explosive cheering, they waved, they smiled, they strutted, they looked totally sexy, then they were gone. And thus ended a fabulous two hours of my life.

After the show, I was mortified to see that merch isn't sold after the concert. However, this amazing, kind old woman was walking around with a bag, and for some reason she handed me something from the bag: one of the silver streamers of confetti from Yozora! Aaaaaw, I was so happy! Proof that I was there, lol!

Anyways, as my friends and I walked back, still glowing and jittery with delight, we got the endless train of visual-kei band members and roadies and volunteers, lined up for miles, handing out pamphlet after pamphlet advertising their own bands. See, this is great, cuz these guys are almost all total hotties. So... it's like a goddamn sexy-bridge all the way along the sidewalk and aaaaaall the way down the street, lol. I counted, and I collected eight flyers for various up-and-coming visual-kei bands... and that wasn't even half the flyers being handed out, lol.

So, the consensus for the night is:

D'espairsray, even if rather lacking musically lately, is still a fucking force to be reckoned with live. They are absolute, pure fun. They can still scream and rock out, they can still head-bang and thrash, and they can still be pretty or calm or just plain fun. And furi is a blast. And sometimes, just sometimes, it's the best thing of all... even magical... I want to do furi for Angeldust agaaaaaaain :-(

And thus ends my report on D'espairsRay at Shibuya's C.C. Lemon Hall, 10/01/09.

The DVD comes out in a couple months, and then this report won't even be necessary! You guys can see the show for yourselves!!! Till then, enjoy!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading and suffering through my endless post!

8 comments:

  1. haha i actually read it all xD

    i think.. Coll:set was out in 2004.. i think. mayb the international version came out later?

    and heres the complete setlist that i found :)

    Closer to ideal
    GOING ON!
    MaveRick
    BRILLIANT
    Cocoon
    Sixty∞NiNe
    FINAL CALL
    琥珀 (Kohaku)
    Squall
    Masquarade
    Angeldust
    Lost in re:birth
    REDEEMER
    ARK IN THE STORM
    月の記憶 (Tsuki no Kioku)
    PARADOX 5
    Bullet
    HORIZON
    夜空 (Yozora)

    「浮遊した理想」 (Fuyu shita Riso)
    MIRROR

    Tainted World (yess this was the last song!)

    we should hang out soon nd have some para para lesson and some hard core talk on how hot Karyu is :D <3 (never knew it was called para para lol i dnt rly wanna call it para para.. but o well xD)

    nd yeahhh, Hizumi's throat has been like that since like... 3months ago? i dnt remember, but pretty long time. he has some problems, and just found the cause few weeks ago, thats y he told us about it for the first time. we were all worried, but thank god, now he knows the treatment! ><

    ummm i tend to post a looong ass comment on ur blog xD
    anyways, hang out next weekend mayb?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next weekend sounds great - I'll send you a text ^__^

    Ne, thank you SO MUCH for that setlist! Damnit, I had so much of that wrong, lol! I was pretty sure they played Fuyu Shita Risou and Tainted World, but I wasn't positive, so I didn't post them, but... I guess I should've gone with my instinct, lol. Thank you SO much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I'll have you know that took like 20 minutes to read thoroughly XD I can't imagine how long it took to write O___O

    Oh, so... *presents her nads* HAHAHAHA feathers :-D Also, LOL at you para para-ing... the image makes me smile :-) And, one last lol.... you had to sit through Yozora! Oh well, at least it wasn't the real final song!

    Oh, I just saw on srsfkndespa that Hizumi is finally gonna get better! He's taking the right meds and this should cure his voice!

    Dude, a DVD sounds amazing! I'd really like to see that show! Hrm.. I wonder if they'll keep Hizumi's fail fall on the footage O_o;;

    Oh, I don't think you should worry about not getting merch because they'll be at Vrock and there will be merch tents freakin' everywhere for you to get the stuff you missed :-)

    Anywho.. I'm soooooo glad you wrote this report! It was freakin' amazing! I'm so happy you had a great time and that Hizumi can still scream and not be a pussy! I loved all the details you put into this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on you. Closer to Ideal is my favorite song by them for sure! :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Melissa:

    It took over an hour to write this whole thing 0_0 Especially all the time it took to remember everything, lol. I'm glad Hizumi's going to get his voice fixed. It sounded seriously painful during Paradox 5 :-S Hahaha, I don't know if they'll include Hizumi's fall or not, lol. I mean, I'D edit it out, but with these kinds of people, you never know, lol. Glad you enjoyed my post!!!

    At Evan:
    Neeee, I've always liked Closer to Ideal, but I couldn't fully appreciate it till I saw it live :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Elena here. I'm gonna KILL you 'cause of CERTAIN video somewhere down this post ¬¬, LOL)

    Did you find my panties? Just fell when I saw Zero, Tsukasa and Hizumi and I didn't find them yet... SINCES THURSDAY! LOOOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, sorry for the video below, but I've got some Sendai Komatsu fans following this blog and I just couldn't resist!!! Don't worry, you look ADORABLE in that video :-D

    Woooow, no, I didn't find your panties, haha XD Perhaps Zero found them and now he's wearing them himself, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Concert sounds amazing! and don't worry, the lengthy report is good!!! I hope I can give this detailed of a report on things next semester (especially if I see jrock there XD....which is still probably more likely than in USA....

    Sounds like a blast, and I can't wait to see the DVD!!!!!

    ReplyDelete