Monday, August 9, 2010

D'espairsRay Tomorrow!

Gonna see D'espairsRay tomorrow at their Chicago performance of the "Human-clad Monsters" tour! Just like old times (old times meaning only a week ago, lol) I will be doing a full concert report!

I'm mostly posting this entry as a reminder that if any of this blog's readers are attending the Chicago concert, feel free to come over and say hello! I'll be wearing a D'espairsRay Love is Dead t-shirt and I think I'll be wearing red tights. Plus, I'll have my signature curly hair, lol. I don't know if any of the readers will be at this particular concert (it's only 300 capacity, I believe), but if you are, come on over and say hello! I don't bite, and I'm bringing home-baked cookies!

Gettin' ready to rip it up, break it down, dance!!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so so so jealous, I'm sure you'll have an autograph session but they are so rare here in Europe. arrrggghhh! but have fun ! I'm waiting for your report ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm not sure if there will be an autograph session, though :-( The tour was rather... poorly planned, it seems, and only some concerts are getting them. And some of the concerts have been getting them under different conditions from each other. To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to expect :-0 But I'm excited nonetheless! And I'm excited to flex my report writing abilities again XP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I see them Wednesday!
    Could you be so kind as to watch out for merch prices so that I know how much to bring? Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll repost this in my blog, but here's the basic rundown of merch prices (warning: I've heard the prices have been changing at different shows).

    T-shirts were about $25, I think. The fan was $25. The posters were $15. Askew magazine is $15. I'm not sure how much the hoodie was, unfortunately, but I can probably ask around. I also didn't see how much pamphlets and other things were, but I might be able to find out some of that. Posters are needed for the signing, I believe, so bring at least $15 if you want to get an autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just thought that do you know this girl? http://profile.ameba.jp/crimsondeity87/

    she was in Tokyo for a year too and she's also from Chicago and likes visual kei! Maybe you could be friends :DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that's my friend Caroline! We went to several concerts together in Japan and met up a bit at the D'espairsRay concert in Chicago! She's an awesome D'espairsRay fan, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahhah I've been reading your boths' blogs without knowing you're friends XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, that's okay, thanks for the suggestion anyways! Yeah, the two of us actually met in line for a D'espairsRay instore event and we went to see D'espairsRay together in Japan, as well as The GazettE and some Indies! She's great!

    ReplyDelete