Friday, March 4, 2011

UnsraW Has Disbanded

Yes, you read that right. UnsraW has disbanded. I'm too sad to say anything about it, but I will translate the band's message here because I don't think it's been translated yet:

An Important Message from UnsraW

To everyone supporting Unsraw,

Thank you so much for always supporting Unsraw.
It's sudden but, due to personal reasons, band activities have become difficult for vocalist Yuuki and he withdrew from the band on March 4th, 2011.

Due to this secession, and as a result of countless discussions with the remaining members, though it's a bitter decision, this is what's been decided.
We apologize for having to report such a thing to you.

Furthermore, concerning the currently scheduled lives,
Madoka, Tetsu, Jin, and Shou - the four of them will continue to appear in concert as planned.
As for an announcement about the band's last live as UnsraW, we are still in the process of planning one, so please wait patiently.

Thank you, everyone, for your unwavering support up till the end.

UnsraW

The original message for anyone interested:

2011-03-04 12:10:00
【UnsraWより重大なお知らせ】
テーマ:ブログ
UnsraWを応援してくれている皆様へ

いつもUnsraWを応援して頂き
誠にありがとう御座います。

突然では御座いますが、Vocal 勇企が
一身上の都合によりUnsraWとしての活動が困難となった為
2011年03月04日付でUnsraWを脱退致しました。

この度の脱退に伴い、残されたメンバーで
幾度となく話し合いを行った結果
苦渋の決断では御座いますが、解散する事になりました。
このような形でのご報告となり、誠に申し訳御座いません。

尚、現在発表されているライヴに関しましては
円、哲、迅、匠の4人で予定通り出演させて頂きますが
UnsraWとしてのラストライヴの発表については
現在検討中とさせて頂いておりますので
今暫らくお待ち頂きますようお願い致します。

最後まで変わらぬ応援をよろしくお願い致します。

UnsraW

Edit: Update: According to Madoka's nau update, Yuuki is not ill as many people are fearing. Madoka says Yuuki is "genki" and "daijoubu" meaning "healthy" and "okay".

4 comments:

  1. I just heard about it... I visited their main site and was like, nooooooooooooooooooo

    T_T

    My day was seriously ruined, I really loved UnsraW....

    Good to know Yuuki's okay, but that doesn't make me feel much better... I was just listening to them the other day, and I was like, man, these guys are so awesome, I can't wait till they release more music... And then this....

    So many of my fav bands have been disbanding... Gah.... Danget...

    Guess these things happen... Though that doesn't make me feel any better either :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it definitely sucks. Days later I'm still seriously bummed out about it. Plus I'm worried something happened to Yuuki. His withdrawal came without any warning and his band mates don't seem angry at him, so I can only assume something really serious happened. I hope Yuuki's okay, and I hope the rest of the band can recover from this sudden disbandment. UnsraW really had something special, so this is really tragic. But at least we'll always have the music they created :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Yuuki finally blogged and explained himself. I'm going to translate it here later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you so much, I really want to hear what Yuuki has to say...

    And yes, you're right, I'll still keep on listening to their music, obviously, because they were a great band!

    ReplyDelete