Friday, June 17, 2011

I'll be Living in Kiryu City!

A follow up to my post below about living in Gunma Prefecture next year... It sounds like I'll be living and teaching near Kiryu City! It's got a pretty large population size (about 124,000 people) and easy access to some of the bigger cities in Gunma-ken! And it looks very pretty! Lots of mountains! It sounds like it'll be a bit rural where I'm living, but still plenty of stuff to do, and getting to Tokyo will be fairly cheap and not even all that time consuming! This is wonderful news! I'm so excited to start blogging about my crazy adventures again!

Pictures I've found of Kiryu City so far:

Lookin' good so far! Once again, I'll continue updating this blog as I learn more :-)

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to be the language nerd, but think of how good a rural area would be good for your Japanese! Do you know far it is from Tokyo? I've just received confirmation for my year abroad :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation on your year abroad! Where will you be going?

    Also, I agree with you completely about the language thing. I'm a Japanese major so, naturally, I want to improve my Japanese as much as possible, and a more rural area where people don't speak English is the perfect place! As for the distance from Tokyo, it's actually really close! 1 1/2 to 2 hours by train, maybe a little over an hour by car! Totally not bad at all! I think I'll be spending a lot of weekends in Tokyo doing certain things I was known for doing the last time I was in Tokyo, hehe ^_~ Yes, I mean concerts XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'll be lurking about Hitotsubashi to the west of Tokyo :). I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks beautiful and kiryu city sounds somehow like a pokemon city to me ; ) ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @NeonRaine: Sorry for late response! I've been having maaaajor internet problems >__< Anyways, that's awesome that you'll be living near Tokyo! Maybe we could meet up sometime!

    @Emotional Days: Your comment made me smile :-) I LOVE the idea of living in a Pokemon city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One question-will you be able to go to the quod agis tour of dir en grey?. I would love to see a new concert review about Dir en grey.^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope I can go!!! I've already been doing some concert planning! I wasn't going to announce it yet, but I think I'll be going to the Summer Sonic Festival in Chiba this year, and I'll see a toooon of bands, including Japanese and American ones! But the Quod Agis tour is right at the top of my list of things I must see!!! As you can imagine, concert scheduling has been occurring, and I'm not even in Japan yet :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! I'm looking forward to the new concert reviews and hope that you'll have fun in japan.

    ReplyDelete