Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Random Blog Translations

Damn, it's been awhile since I've done one of these.  I used to casually read lots of indies blogs because I was bored and it was good Japanese practice.  Then, towards the end of my study abroad year, the blogs started getting sad, with bands breaking up and people dying and stuff.  Then I just stopped reading them.  But now I've got all this free time on my hands and my kanji reading skills are going down the shitter, so I've decided to start reading some blogs again and practicing translation.  Today, I'm just doing a short translation from the blog of yo-ka from DIAURA.  These were taken off his "nau" - which is similar to a Facebook status update.

First he wrote this:

Now I remember.  During the time when the seasons change, I keep catching colds for about half a month.  Fuck me.

He literally wrote "fuck me" in katakana as "fakku mii."  Now, I can only assume he got a bunch of concerned emails from fans who were worried about him catching so many colds, because yo-ka then wrote another update that said:

Ah, don't worry about me, because I am a phoenix.  Fuck you.

Literally "fakku yuu."  Not gonna lie, this shit made me laugh out loud right in the school staff room.  Thanks a lot yo-ka, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment